Information for Residents
On this page we present information and links that we believe may be helpful to the citizens of Long Beach who want to become informed about the issues that are the focus of the City Prosecutor Office;
- Victims in cases handled by the City Prosecutor Office;
- Defendants that may need help with legal issues.
Self Help Sites
- Los Angeles District Attorney
- California Courts Online Self Help Center
- California Attorney General
- California Department of Consumer Affairs
- California State Bar Association Resources
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Resources
Additional Prosecuting Agencies
This is a list of links to some of the other prosecuting agencies
near Long Beach.
The Los Angeles District Attorney is an elected County official who prosecutes felony crimes throughout the County. The District Attorney also prosecutes misdemeanor crimes in unincorporated areas and in 78 of the 88 cities in Los Angeles County. In some cities the City Attorney Office includes a prosecuting attorney. In a few cities, including Long Beach, the City Prosecutor Office is independent from the City Attorney Office.